Tuesday, July 14, 2015

About Me/Disclosure (updated January 2017)


About me & disclosure:


  • I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at the age of 2.  
  • I was diagnosed with Celiac the age of 6.
  • I have faced everything imaginable between the 2 and usually try to learn and make the most of it.
  • I was born in NYC, grew up in NJ and have lived in the greater Boston area for more time than I'd like to admit.  I have close ties to NYC/NJ and visit often as I can.
  • I love to travel. Depending on the availability of gluten-free food, there's no place too far that I'd consider going to!  So far internationally I've traveled to Alaska, Japan, Australia, Germany, Israel, Spain, Italy (more than once -- oops!), and various cruise ports in the Caribbean.  Traveling as a person with diabetes and celiac always = good stories!
  • My Twitter name is @phylliskaplan and @Thedinobetic
  • I am a MiniMed Ambassador: As a MiniMed Ambassador, I receive promotional items and educational material to use and share as I see fit. No monetary compensation has taken place and any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experience. Opinions are my own.





No comments:

Post a Comment