Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Is Diabetes a Scapegoat?

Some days I want to scream "not everything I'm feeling is related to diabetes!!!" 
 and before you ask, no, my blood sugar isn't low 

Does diabetes impact how I feel? 
Often.

Does diabetes impact my moods?
Often. 

Does every headache have to mean low or high blood sugar?
No.

Does being very thirsty mean I have high blood sugar?
Sometimes.


This is along the sames lines as doctors saying "diabetics are prone to..."  when they have no explanation for why you are sick.  

Are we giving diabetes too much credit?

There are a lot of twists and turns and variables and can impact just about everything.  
But please, do not assume  if I'm hungry, grumpy, tired, agitated that "its the diabetes."  Sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't.  I do check my blood sugar, and wear a CGM and 99% of the time in tune with what's going on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment